Castor oil has been used for centuries for many health conditions. If it did not provide any health benefits, it would not still be recommended. In terms of fibroid natural treatment, castor oil packs for fibroids are one of the most popular home remedies for uterine fibroids treatment.
Why Castor Oil Packs For Fibroids?
Castor oil is obtained from the castor oil seed – Ricinus communis – see image on the left of the plant and seeds. Castor oil is a triglyceride with the most common fatty acid found in the oil being ricinoleic acid.
Ricinoleic acid is thought to be the reason for the reported health benefits of castor oil. It should be noted that there isn’t much scientific research to support the use of castor oil as a health remedy.
The natural healer Egdar Cayce who died in the ’40s spearheaded the use of castor oil and in particular castor oil packs for the treatment of various health conditions such as constipation (taken orally or through the use of castor oil packs), stimulating the immune system, epilepsy, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, gynecological issues, etc .
Castor Oil Packs and Fibroids
Castor oil as previously mentioned is thought to benefit the immune system through oral or topical application of the oil. Castor oil packs when used properly can help to improve various components of the immune system. Castor oil packs have been shown in a few studies to increase the lymphocytes which are the disease fighting cells in the immune system. Lymphocytes help the body eliminate disease causing toxins as well as the body’s waste.
When this part of the immune system is not working properly, it causes a build up pf these toxins and waste leading to inflammation and various diseases. Many holistic practitioners believe that fibroid tumors are the result of toxins that the body does not know how to properly eliminate and by increasing the amount of lymphocytes, more disease causing toxins can be eradicated.
Since fibroids are tumors, improving the functioning of the immune system through the use of castor oil packs and the ricinoleic acid in castor oil which has anti-inflammatory properties is thought to shrink the tumors.
What do you have to lose if you are tormented by uterine fibroids?
What is a Castor Oil Pack?
Castor oil packs are popular because they allow the healing properties of castor oil to be absorbed directly through the skin.
You can apply castor oil directly on the skin without using a castor oil pack by simply rubbing some of the oil over the affected area of the skin but castor oil packs are thought to work even better.
What You Need To Make Castor Oil Packs For Fibroids;
1. Organic cold pressed castor oil. This oil is free of pesticides or other toxins and is best for use for fibroid natural treatment. Find some of the best castor oil to use below all of which are cold pressed and organic to ensure maximum potency.
2. Heating pad or hot water bottle. The heat is thought to help the healing properties penetrate the body more efficiently.
1. Perform a patch test to ensure that you have no allergies to castor oil.
2. Fold the flannel or wool in thirds or use three separate pieces.
3. Soak the flannel or wool enough in the castor oil but the flannel or wool should not drip of oil.
4. Lie down in a supine position (face up) with your feet elevated with a pillow under your knees and feet.
5. Place the flannel over the affected area.
6. Cover with the plastic wrap.
7. Place the heating pad or hot water bottle on top of the plastic wrap.
8. In order to insulate the heat, you may want to cover the pad or bottle with the old towel or t-shirt.
9. Leave on for 45 to 60 minutes.
10. Remove the pack and wash the oil off your skin with soap and water or a baking soda solution.
11. Store the pack in a zip-lock bag and keep by your bedside or in a cupboard and reuse as needed. Discard when the pack starts to change color.
12. Use the pack for four days consecutively each week for up to a month and rest for the rest of the week. After a month, evaluate the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of the castor oil pack.
1. Castor oil packs are messy so wear old clothes or lie on old clothes that you keep separate from your other clothes because castor oil can stain.
2. There isn’t any conclusive guidance on how long you should use the pack to obtain relief but a month is a reasonable time to evaluate the effectiveness of this holistic healing method and decide whether to continue treatment or whether to stop.
3. If you are trying to get pregnant, castor oil packs are not recommended as the heat used may interfere with your ability to get pregnant.
4. If you are on your menstrual cycle, avoid using castor oil packs.
Castor oil packs for fibroids are definitely recommended to be tried by those looking for a fibroid natural treatment method. While castor oil packs for fibroids have shown great positive results in many patients, it is important to remember that what may work for one may not work for another. Watch the video below as a great example of how to apply a castor oil pack. (Castor oil is also good for hair growth and hair thickening so you may also want to buy castor oil for that!)