Though it can be difficult to determine what exactly is causing your fibroids, it is important to examine the foods you eat daily to determine whether they are increasing your risk of developing fibroid tumors as well as the various uterine fibroids symptoms. If you are trying to cure fibroids naturally, there are foods to avoid with fibroids and the following are the top 6.
- Salt – Eating excessive amounts of salt is not good for general health and well-being e.g. increasing high blood pressure, increases risk of developing osteoporosis, etc. High amounts of salt are especially problematic for women with fibroids because they can worsen the symptoms of uterine fibroids especially during the menstrual cycle. A lot of canned and frozen foods as well as fast foods contain high amounts of salt so read food labels before you buy and try not to add any additional salt to the foods you eat. You may also consider using salt alternatives such as herbs, lemon juice, garlic, etc.
- Saturated fat – Found mainly in red meat, dairy products, eggs, etc, saturated fats should be reduced or eliminated from a diet for fibroids. Saturated fats can not only worsen fibroid symptoms such as heavy menstrual bleeding, but they can also increase the risk of developing fibroids in the first place. This is because saturated fats can negatively impact the liver and prevent it from efficiently breaking down excessive estrogen which can lead to a state of estrogen dominance which is blamed in most cases for fibroid development and/or worsening of symptoms. Coconut oil while it is a saturated fat is one of the exceptions as there are many health benefits to this oil. Do This EVERY Morning With Coconut Oil
- Sugar and refined grains – Refined foods do not contain many nutrients which are eliminated during the refining process and in addition to sugars, they can be quite devastating for your health and well-being. The increase in the consumption of sugars and refined foods is commonly blamed for the type 2 diabetes epidemic that has seized the country. Excessive consumption of sugar and refined grains as far as fibroids are concerned is blamed for promoting hormonal imbalance which increases the risk of developing fibroids and fibroid symptoms so any diet for fibroids should limit and even eliminate sugar and refined foods consumption.
- Caffeine – Caffeine is a stimulant found in coffee, tea, sodas, etc, that is used for many things including decreasing fatigue, increasing energy levels, weight loss, etc. However, caffeine can also be damaging to the body. Excessive amounts of caffeine can cause jitters, anxiety, moods swings, irritability, etc. In women with fibroids, long-term use of caffeine can increase symptoms such as pain, bleeding and cramps.
- Dairy products – Dairy products are another of the foods to avoid with fibroids because dairy products are the main source of arachidonic acid which represents a fat that is used to produce certain prostaglandins which can increase pelvic pain, cramps as well as the overall level of inflammation in the body. Dairy products also feature a high fat content which can increase the risk of hormonal imbalance as discussed previously on the effects of saturated fat on the body. In addition, certain dairy products can contain various hormones, antibiotics, steroids, etc, that are fed to the animals which when consumed further increase the risk of estrogen dominance/hormonal imbalance. Some people also do not have the enzymes necessary to digest dairy products which leads to bloating, gas, changes in bowel movements, etc, which can also intensify when you are on your period.
- Alcohol – Just like saturated fats and dairy products, alcohol can interfere with the proper functioning of the liver and prevent it from efficiently breaking down hormones which can increase the risk of estrogen dominance. If you have fibroids, avoid alcohol or significantly reduce your consumption. If you have to consume alcohol, keep it to red wine which has some health benefits.
These are just a few tips on foods to avoid with fibroids to help reduce the risk of developing fibroids or worsening of symptoms and in some cases eliminating them from your diet while eating more fibroid healing foods, can help to shrink your fibroids. While you can make changes slowly, massive action and changes will produce massive results so consider a total overhaul of your diet.
For step by step guidance on a proper diet for fibroids including a complete list of the foods to avoid with fibroids, you need the Fibroids Miracle guide which will show you what foods to eat and those to avoid so that you can create a proper fibroid healing diet that will not only cure your body of fibroids and that will also prevent them from returning. For more on this bestselling guide, click here.