There are various signs and symptoms of ovarian cysts although most of these cysts do not produce any symptoms. While almost all women will develop ovarian cysts at some point during their lives, most are unaware that they have these cysts and they usually go away on their own after one or more menstrual cycles.
When considering the various signs and symptoms of ovarian cysts, it is important to consider the type of ovarian cyst that you are dealing with as various types produce different symptoms. These various types can be better identified with the help of an ultrasound although the most common are known as functional cysts. Functional cysts occur during a menstrual cycle and they are considered “functional” because they generally have nothing to do with any disease.
All ovarian cysts are fluid filled sacs that develop on or in the ovaries and most of the time you won’t even know that they’re there. Unfortunately sometimes, the cysts can become enlarged or rupture which can be very painful. The most common types of functional cysts are the Corpus Luteum, and Follicular cysts which are not especially painful or hard to eliminate and in most cases they will go away on their own.
As mentioned previously, most cysts on the ovaries do not produce any symptoms but if they do, the following are some of the most common signs and symptoms of ovarian cysts;
- Irregular menstrual periods (or none at all),
- Pelvic pain during intercourse,
- Pelvic pain and pressure (this pelvic pain is usually before your menstrual cycle begins as well as just before it ends),
- Insulin resistance,
- High blood pressure,
- You experience pain during bowel movements or some type of pressure on your bowels,
- Weight gain or problems losing weight,
- Pain in the lower back, or painful menstrual cycles,
- Pressure in the abdomen
- Pressure on your bladder or rectum which causes problems emptying your bladder (if prolonged this can lead to kidney damage) or you may experience frequent urination,
- You deal with nausea, vomiting as well as breast tenderness during pregnancy,
- A feeling of fullness or heaviness in your abdomen,
- And so on and so forth
There are many other signs and symptoms of ovarian cysts and PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) but the above are the most common. When dealing with PCOS, one of the other most common symptoms is excessive and unwanted hair growth on the face and body which can be challenging to deal with as a woman.
It is not fully understood why ovarian cysts develop which is why it can be difficult to treat and conventional treatment does not prevent the recurrence of these cysts on the ovaries so you may be better served by turning to various natural treatment methods which treat the body as a whole in order to get at the root of the problem and eliminate it and not just address the signs and symptoms of ovarian cysts.
If you want to go beyond merely treating the signs and symptoms of ovarian cysts and PCOS, you need the holistic Ovarian Cyst Miracle which will show you how to get rid of these cysts on the ovaries permanently using natural methods only. Find out more about this bestselling guide here.