Weight loss is an all encompassing endeavor especially for long term results. Sure you can crash diet, eliminate entire food groups and many other unhealthy ways to lose weight, but even though you may lose weight with these other methods, it will all come creeping back like a thief in the night unless you make weight loss about focusing on your overall nutrient status. This means a proper diet including “good” fats, carefully selected carbs, many vibrant veggies and other plant based foods which not only help you slim down but improve your overall health and well-being.
Vitamins and Minerals
While many vitamins can be made by the body, minerals which make a significant difference in your health, aren’t made by the body so you need to get them through your diet primarily or by using supplements. Ensuring adequate minerals will help your body stay healthy and ready to keep weight off and for women especially, this helps to promote hormone balance and keep various gynecological issues like fibroids at bay.
There are some important macro and trace minerals that will help to support your metabolism and weight loss and they are as follows.
Top 6 Minerals For Weight Loss
- Zinc – There are so many benefits of zinc and it is common to find a zinc deficiency in obese people and supplementing with 30mcg of zinc gluconate per day produced a reduction in weight in those individuals. One of the benefits of zinc for weight loss is that it helps to control cravings by maintaining blood sugar balance. Found in oysters, crab, beef, sardines, lentils, chickpeas, beans, etc.
- Magnesium – This mineral is so essential that no cell can work without it! There are too many health benefits to name and some to take a note of is that it can help if you’re aching after a workout and helps calm your mind too. Find it in dark chocolate, quinoa, leafy greens, nuts, seeds, etc.
- Selenium – Found the most in brazil nuts but can also be found in brown rice, tuna, turkey, etc, this mineral is important for glutathione production which is an essential and the largest antioxidant in the body that supports the immune system and detoxification of the liver. This mineral helps keep inflammation in the body down. Keeping inflammation down has many health and weight benefits.
- Chromium – This mineral helps optimize muscle mass and reduce weight gain mainly by focusing on reducing visceral fat. It also regulates insulin and carbohydrate metabolism which is why it is important for those dealing with Type 2 diabetes. Find it in broccoli, green beans, molasses, herbs, etc.
- Copper – Found in soy beans, cashews, sesame seeds, shiitake mushrooms, this mineral is needed for producing white blood cells which are important for your immune system’s proper functioning.
- Potassium – Found in bananas, asparagus, cauliflower, celery, leafy, etc, this mineral helps to keep blood pressure under control and helps maintain optimal electrolyte levels after a workout.
Following a well-rounded balanced diet will ensure that everything you need to lose and keep weight off is right on your fork (or spoon!). If your diet is lacking, supplementation is encouraged but make sure that you use the best supplements.
But sometimes diet isn’t enough to lose and keep weight off! Some people do the right things and eat all the right foods but still their weight doesn’t change or there is minimal change which can be frustrating and demoralizing. Discover this tropical loophole which dissolves 2 1/2 lbs within 24 hours! Click here for more on this perfectly exotic loophole which dissolves fat safely and quickly.